I asked my daughter what she wanted for breakfast in the morning last night before bed. She said, “I don’t know mom.” I was starting to feel bad because it feels like I make the same things over and over out of convenience. It was obvious she was starting to get bored. At 3 a.m. she woke me up and said, “Mommy, since we moved in April you haven’t made blueberry muffins.”
Guilt set in. She was right, I hadn’t. In fact, I hadn’t even thought about them. I tucked her back in and told her blueberry muffins were a great idea. It only takes 33 mins from start to finish and I always keep frozen blueberries in the freezer! My goal is she always eats fruit at breakfast so BAM no more thinking for me. I got up in the morning and made them. Happy Baby, Happier Mommy! She ate 3 of them and was full!
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1/4 tsp pink salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp unrefined coconut palm sugar or tbsp of raw honey (I use honey)
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup of coconut oil melted and cooled
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of frozen organic wild blueberries washed and drained
2 mashed bananas (I use them instead of 4 eggs. 1/2 a banana can replace an egg)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl mix together flours, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a larger bowl mix oil, applesauce, vanilla, honey or sugar and bananas or eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in drained blueberries.
- Grease muffin tin or use cupcake liners, like I do.
- Pour batter in muffin pan evenly.
- Bake until golden brown, 16-20 minutes depending on oven.