Taking an acting class is great but you also need to learn the Business of Acting, if you seriously want to make it!
- Learn to use a sign in sheet and take a good picture
- Learn the statistics of an actor
- Fill out a size card properly and audition etiquette
- Learn categories: leading man/ woman, supporting, day player, etc.
- Putting together a resume / bio
- The difference between doing TV, Daytime, Film, Commercials, Voiceover, and stage
- What to expect on that audition: 1st call, call backs, network
- 8. The crew and their jobs
- Set terminology
- How to become signatory and the fees
- 11. Your pay rate and what contract your job falls under, Residuals, Foreign Royalties.
- 12. How to read your contracts
- Your course to staying employed
- How to be remembered or quickly forgotten by casting directors, and producers
- Insider tricks on how to market yourself on a budget
If you don’t know these things, your career will only go so far. Lucky for you, I teach these things via the internet. Check out my course the Business of Acting.