This is 45 years old! Don’t get caught up on a number. It makes me sad when I hear women and men depressed about their birthdays coming! I have loved my 40s. My 40s have been liberating! I have finally stopped worrying about pleasing other people and I please myself! I no longer say “yes” I will do it… when I mean, I don’t want too! I don’t care who doesn’t like me or who said what about me. It doesn’t matter! It doesn’t pay my bills nor change my tomorrow. In fact, the ones who used to run back to tell me what they said are no longer around me because why were they listening!
Now that I am midway settled into my 40s, I realize some lessons have come with my 40s. I want to share 20 with you.
1. Make it a priority to love yourself!
2. Don’t hold grudges, they end up hurting you more than the other people.
3. Travel and enjoy your life. See as much as you can.
4. If you want to do it, do it! Stop second guessing yourself.
5. Learn to trust your gut.
6. Spend as much time with your parents as you can.
7. Be vulnerable (don’t let your past hurt your future).
8. Make time for yourself.
9. Make memories, when life is over that’s all you have.
10. Stop worrying about the end result and enjoy the journey.
11. Drink your water.
12. Stand up for yourself, don’t tolerate disrespect no matter who it’s from.
13. Never stop learning.
14. Listen more.
15. Let the ego go.
16. If your life isn’t where you want it to be, change your circle.
17. Only spend time and energy on people who feed your soul.
18. Don’t save the good outfits, the good champagne. Enjoy them on any occasion!!
19. Eat your fruits and vegetables.
20. Happiness is a choice!
Enjoy your 40s! They really are fabulous and so are you!