- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced into strips
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 5 large tomatoes
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups pine nuts
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 large handfuls basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large handful basil leaves
- Slice the large tomatoes
- Marinate sliced mushrooms and eggplant strips in balsamic vinegar and a touch of olive oil; set aside and allow to marinate for 1 hour. Next, allow zucchini slices to marinate in 1/2 cup olive oil for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup pine nuts and 2 tbsp olive oil, add water as needed to reach desired consistency for pine nut “cheese.”
- For the pesto sauce, blend 2 large handfuls basil, 1 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 cup hemp seeds in a food processor.
- In a large glass pan, layer zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, basil leaves and hemp pesto sauce. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes