Kale is so popular for a reason: it’s delicious!
- 1 large bunch kale (curly)
- 1 orange (squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (cold-pressed, or coconut oil)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons (raw) agave nectar
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (sea salt)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tangerines (peeled and separated into sections)
- 2 tablespoons currants (or raisins)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- Hold each leaf of kale and rip small, bite-sized pieces of the greens off of the stem and collect them in a bowl.
- Add the orange and lime juices, oil, agave, garlic, salt and cayenne to the bowl and massage the ingredients into the leaves of the kale for at least 2 minutes. Either allow the kale to sit and marinate (for 30 minutes to overnight in the fridge) or distribute to plates and top with the tangerines, currants, and grated carrot.