UPDATE: 7/29/2019, 11:11 PM EST – To contact B2G Sports, reach out via Instagram: @official_b2gsports
I was sitting down talking to one of my lifelong friends, Ron Allen who trains student athletes and I thought about you, my readers and how a lot of you are raising young athletes yourself. Below are a few tips he shared with me.
- Go to every game if you can, even if their team sucks.
- Stay relentlessly positive with your child when it comes to their sport and teach them to do the same.
- Let the coach do their job. They have to worry about every player on the team.
- Encourage your child to compete with themselves so they can be the best version of who they are.
- Allow your child to choose the sport he/she loves but encourage them to try multiple sports.
- To be a winner, athletes have to want it more than who’s coaching them and who’s raising them. Keep them in successful environments and surrounded by peers who are driven and pray it rubs off.
- Exercise patience and focus on the long game with your child when it comes to their development.
- Unless they ask you, wait a day or two before you tell your child what they did wrong after a loss or a bad game. Their emotions are already fragile enough.
- Most kids don’t have the drive their parents expect of them. Be ok with that if yours doesn’t. There are so many other areas where we as parents pressure are kids to be better. Let them have sports on their own speed.
- As soon as possible, seek out professional trainers or camps to work with your child instead of yourself. This will allow you to maintain a healthy parent / kid relationship.
“Developing All-Americans Since 2000!”
B2G Sports is an authentic football training resource designed to dramatically improve game performance in pressure situations. Best known for providing athletes with top competition and practical football skills, B2G is contracted directly by a number of BCS universities to scout college prospects.
Prepare student-athletes for their challenges and responsibilities as a college ball player. Use football camps to instill self-confidence, work ethic, and personal accountability into our future leaders.
Provide a network of positive role models to help student-athletes develop character, wisdom, and excellence.
B2G Sports, a sports marketing company specializing in football skill training, player development & event production since 2000.
A player Evaluation system measuring the overall athletic ability and football IQ of playmakers. Calculated during live competitive football environments including: training clinics, showcases and game film sessions.
Designed to provide an authentic training resource – revolutionizes the way players prepare for game time situations – gaining an edge on their competition.
You can reach B2G Sports on Instagram (@official_b2gsports).